Friday, October 2, 2009

October 1, 2009

After Nilson saw my sugar skull, I think it amped him up to help me look for more leg donors... He then found Nikki! She had been tattooed by both Victor and Nilson previously and she worked as a cook in the military... She had agreed to letting me tattoo random stuff on her in accordance to the "lesson plans" that Nilson had for me... I was extremely lucky to have finally found my guinea pig! The advantage of having a person who isn't too picky about where and what I tattoo on him or her will help me in the sense that I get to see my progression through my apprenticeship. It helped that she was extremely sweet and friendly and pale skinned so that I can experiment with bright colors in the future hahaha... I also was the first girl to ever tattoo her, which was a bonus too!



The drawing I drew up with her had a lot of lines as well, but I felt more confident in doing it after doing the sugar skull the night before... I was very satisfied with the outcome and she really liked it too! Nilson gave me a few tips on enhancing the consistency of my lines, which I FINALLY picked up on and I finally am starting to perfect my 3-point stretch, which I honestly didn't think I would pick up on so soon hahaha... I'm going to be able to tattoo her again next Wednesday, the 7th and I can barely sit still :].






1 comment: